Wet Weather/CSO Lead Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec is currently looking for a highly skilled senior level engineer to lead our wet-weather, CSO,SSO, collection system teams in New England. This candidate will have strong leadership experience in planning and hydraulic modeling for helping collection systems move into the 21st century.
Projects and opportunities include: leading hydraulic modeling, regulatory negotiations, integrated planning, real-time controls, data analytics and analyses, water quality and green infrastructure modeling, and 2D integrated modeling for flooding and climate change resiliency and adaptation.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Perform, direct, and review engineering projects related to the planning, analysis, permitting, design, and/or implementation of municipal wastewater and storm sewer system projects. Tasks will focus on hydraulic modeling collection systems and preparation of planning or design reports.
- Lead teams to develop, calibrate and apply computer hydraulic models for the analysis of water distribution systems.
- Use results from hydraulic modeling tasks to reach conclusions regarding the capacity and performance of potable and non-potable systems.
- Develop conceptual level plans for municipal civil and utility projects.
- Effectively organize, document, communicate, and present information summarizing technical analyses performed and findings or recommendations developed (verbally and in writing).
- Interact professionally with clients and stakeholders in meetings, workshops, and professional conferences to promote Stantec and identify new business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically as a lead member of small or large teams to successfully deliver quality projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work efficiently with geographically-distributed project teams.
- Efficiently use current industry standard software tools, including InfoWorks ICM, ArcMap and Excel, to analyze data sets, develop hydraulic models, and communicate with clients.
- Coordinate with leadership and technical staff on issues related to project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
- Perform project management activities associated with the negotiation of contracts and the planning and execution of projects involving the planning and hydraulic modeling projects.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
- Take a leadership role in efforts to identify, pursue and win wet-weather, hydraulic modeling and master planning projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Working knowledge of common software used for hydraulic analysis of wastewater collection systems, including advanced understanding in at least one of the following software packages and working knowledge of the others InfoWorks ICM, Mike Urban and PCSWMM.
- Experience in future design scenarios including climate change impacts and / or developing resilient solution preferred.
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in civil or environmental engineering.
- 15 or more years' experience in the planning and design of municipal wastewater collection system projects.
- 5 years' experience in a project technical leadership role and client service
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001C5
Back to top