Well Technician II- Transportation
Your Opportunity: We are a recognized leader in integrated infrastructure/asset management consulting, pavement engineering, and related data collection activities. Great ideas and rewarding careers are built here. Our Infrastructure Management & Pavement Engineering (IMPE) group combines hands-on consulting with information systems and implementation knowledge. Our staff has extensive knowledge and experience in engineering, management systems, data collection, and organizational change, to provide our clients with pavement and infrastructure solutions. From inventory data collection to design and engineering services to technology implementation, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
An opportunity is available for a Senior Field Technician, to join our Waterloo, ON Team.
Stantec's IMPE Group has vast experience in pavement engineering and management, providing our clients with pavement or asset management and sustainable pavement maintenance/rehabilitation, and design solutions. We continue to prove our capabilities in pavement research, and our expertise and products are well recognized through projects successfully completed throughout North America and abroad.
- Carry out geotechnical engineering investigations for rock and soil for underground and surface structures.
- Provide direct support and assistance to various engineering teams with geotechnical design input
- Scope, plan and manage geotechnical investigation by sub-consultants, and sub-contractors.
- Supervise and perform surface and subsurface site investigations including deep drilling, foundation drilling, borehole logging, sampling of soil, and possible rock coring.
- Prepare proposals and technical reports.
- Travel throughout Ontario to various job sites
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Graduated from an accredited college with a diploma in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering. A university degree in relevant disciplines will be a definite asset.
- MOECC well drilling certificate, and Class 2 well drilling certified.
- 7+ years' experience as a licensed geotechnical/well driller.
- Knowledge and experience in geology and hydrogeology is a definite asset.
- Knowledge and experience with procedures included in Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM) Book 7
- Strong Knowledge of typical engineering office software such as MS Office, gINT, AutoCAD
- Deep understanding and knowledge of various geotechnical drilling equipment and instrumentation including survey methods.
- Experience using Giddings drilling equipment will be a definite asset.
- Strong soils classification knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top