Water/Wastewater Project Manager
In conjunction with the Project Management Team, the Water/Wastewater Project Manager is accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed activities and has primary profit and loss responsibility for managed project(s). The Water/Wastewater PM must insure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with Slayden/MWH Constructors Policy and all engineering standards.
• Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
• Profit & Loss Responsibility.
• Procurement - Material Purchases and Negotiation.
• Change Management and Cost Estimating.
• Revenue and cost forecasting.
• Scheduling - Assist with the creation and maintenance of project schedule.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of Slayden personnel to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Coordinate with Project Superintendents: Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Maintain liaison with other departments (e.g., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
• Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the Slayden/MWH Constructors MAP prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• 4-year construction management, engineering, or equivalent degree. An equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience managing water/wastewater or similar projects
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top