Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Your Duties: Stantec's Nevada water Practice is looking for a highly motivated Mid-Level Project Engineer with municipal water/wastewater and/or stormwater experience for our Reno office. The successful candidate will use his/her technical abilities to plan, analyze, and design water and wastewater facilities (distribution, collection and treatment) in the municipal market sector. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Perform detailed studies, modeling and design of municipal water and wastewater systems and related facilities;
- With minimal supervision, prepare plans and specifications and other contract documents for water and wastewater facilities:
- Supervise and coordinate engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Meet with clients and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions;
- Coordinate with internal and external design disciplines;
- Manage project schedule and budget;
- Perform engineering services during construction, including coordination of inspectors;
- Provide scope of work and proposal support as necessary.
- Research issues related to wastewater and water resources that impact individual projects; and
- Write detailed design reports to document analyses.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in Nevada or ability to obtain within six months, required. Licensed in California a plus.
- Must be able to effectively use AutoCAD Civil 3D for plan and profiles, site grading, corridors, gravity and sewer pipe networks, survey points, and have overall basic CAD skills.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years' experience in engineering analysis and design of water distribution and wastewater collection facilities.
- Be able to manage interdisciplinary design teams with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have experience in providing construction support services, such as change in field conditions resolution, representing agencies at field meetings, and observation of construction.
- Various hydrologic and hydraulic software platforms used in the planning and design of infrastructure is a plus.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top