- Bellevue, WA
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The role of the Water / Wastewater Engineer would be supporting our team and contributing in various ways on a range of small to large wastewater and/or water treatment facility and conveyance projects in the Seattle Metro area. You may be involved in various aspects of a project from planning phase through design, construction and commissioning.
It is our expectation that this role will evolve quickly to include Project Management and in support of our marketing and business development efforts in the Seattle Area.
You would be located in our Bellevue, Washington office and would also have the opportunity to work on projects across the Pacific Northwest with our teams in Portland, Boise, and Spokane.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Typical projects or assignments may include process design of water and wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, water reservoirs, conveyance systems, and related urban infrastructure projects.
- As the role evolves to include Project Management, you would also:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the project, including the management of existing client relationships.
- Lead project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Manage all financial aspects of the project including monitoring budget, invoicing, generating invoice support materials, calculating estimates to complete and following up with clients on outstanding accounts receivable.
- Interface directly with clients and management regarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinate and participate in constructability reviews.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Support local efforts and teams identifying, positioning, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients. Includes assisting in the preparation of proposals including developing project scope, budgets, design approach, etc.
- Conduct work in a safe manner and promote health and safety within the office.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated efficient project management/technical leadership of assigned tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
- Understanding of client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, and producing high quality deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes, hydraulics, process mechanical, regulatory compliances, and industry standards.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of design and construction codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications. Ability to lead one or more teams of design professionals and technicians that comply with the contract agreement as well as exercise rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Advanced understanding of water and wastewater treatment engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Possess a hard-working and positive attitude.
- Ability to work well in a team environment without direct supervision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering, or related field plus 5 years of experience.
- Valid Washington P.E. license or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001FG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top