Water Treatment Practice Lead
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity An opportunity exists within our Water sector for a Water Treatment Practice Lead to help our continued growth in Florida. The position will be based out of Florida. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development in the Florida market. This position requires the ability to handle significant projects, client and government agency responsibility and effectiveness in working with a team.
- Overall coordination of multi-discipline proposal efforts and presentation support including:
- Organizing proposal kickoff meetings, proposal submission scheduling, sub-consultant coordination, and interfacing with the client for proposal requirements
- Participates in strategizing sessions and market planning
- Participates in lead tracking and statistic compilation to provide information and support to principals/group leaders
- Represents firm at conferences, focus groups, and industry meetings
- Assists in the development and preparation of budget items related to client services
- Lead business development pursuits including proposal preparation and participate in interviews
- Interact with clients and management regarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Manage a team of design professionals and technicians - Management of water treatment projects
- Apply and share experience/knowledge of treatment and water system conveyance facility design
- Research and understand issues related to water resources that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida, or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Strong background in proposal and presentation development and production - Strong background in multi-media corporate marketing materials, research, and systems planning
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to manage large client-centered events
Possess a Bachelors in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Masters preferred
Have a minimum of 15 years of experience in management and design of water infrastructure projects
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top