Water Resources Planner/EIT (Groundwater Emphasis)
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The Stantec Sacramento, CA office is seeking an entry-level Water Resources Planner/Engineer with an interest in groundwater to join our multi-disciplinary team of integrated water resources professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state and federal clients. If working on challenging projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of California's most complex water resource opportunities appeal to you, join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participatein technical groundwater management projects from planning through design andconstruction.
- Performfield work.
- Participatein multi-disciplinary teams on water resources projects throughout Californiaand the western U.S.
- Coordinatewith project managers, project engineers and staff, clients, regulatoryagencies, and subcontractors.
- Performproject administration including preparing reports, gathering information,drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, completing progress reports, andconducting project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
1- 3 years
of experience with one or more of the following:
- Groundwater investigation reports and waterbalances.
- Hydrogeologic conceptual models (development ofcross-sections, contour maps, hydrographs, piper/stiff plots,topographic/surficial geology maps).
- Groundwater modeling (e.g., MODFLOW), andnumerical and analytical solutions (e.g., GIS, Adobe Illustrator).
- Field work and related activities, including:
- Aquifer characterization and analysis (e.g., step-draw downand constant rate pumping tests) and applied solutions.
- Groundwater quality characterization and waterquality sampling.
- Drilling oversight (hollow stem and mud rotary).
- Monitoring well/piezometer design andinstallation.
- Production well design and installation.
- Lithologic logging/soil characterization.
- Borehole geophysical logging.
- Knowledgeof existing and emerging water resource policies and programs in California,including the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act of 2014, CASGEM, groundwatersubstitution transfers, and other groundwater initiatives.
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Stronginterpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff,clients, and stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in geology, hydrogeology, civil/environmental engineering, water resources engineering or planning, environmental science, ecology, natural resources, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002VP
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top