Water Resources Engineer/Planner
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The Sacramento, Calif., C Street office of Stantec is seeking a mid-level Water Resources Engineer or Planner to join our multi-disciplinary team of water professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state, and federal clients. If working on challenging projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of California's most complex water opportunities appeal to you, join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Apply and grow experience with California water resources including river systems/water-related infrastructure, applicable laws/policies/regulations, and understanding of operations of the Central Valley Project and State Water Project
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary teams on water resources projects throughout California and the western U.S.
- Conduct technical evaluations supporting the planning and design of water supply, flood control, and environmental restoration projects
- Coordinate with project managers, project engineers and staff, clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors; manage and mentor entry-level staff
- Perform project administration including preparing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, completing progress reports, and conducting project management
- Support business development and marketing efforts to grow Stantec's water resources planning and management services throughout California
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to convey complex issues to a variety of audiences. Experience working with stakeholders, the environmental community, and the public preferred.
- Experience communicating and working with state and federal agency staff.
- For engineer - valid California P.E. license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering, water resources engineering or planning, hydrology, geology, environmental science, ecology, natural resources, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in the following:
- Execution of complex water resources planning and management projects with involvement of federal, state, and local agencies.
- Federal planning processes and requirements, and federal feasibility studies consistent with PR&G.
- In-depth understanding of issues related to the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, CVP/SWP operations, and strong client relationships and experience with local/regional water management agencies.
- Knowledge of California water policies, programs, and regulations.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000TB
Back to top