Water Resources Engineer in Training
- Fenton, MO
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The role of a Water Resources EIT is to work on projects as a team member under the close supervision of a senior engineer/designer. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work. You will assist senior team members by performing the routine aspects of engineering assignments and assist in the analysis of proposed projects.
In general, an entry level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of water resources general concepts of relevant engineering elements including the analysis and design of water supply, distribution and treatment systems, sewerage networks, and wastewater treatment systems.
- Assists team in preparing drawings, presentations and reports.
- Conducts basic calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and under the supervision of a project engineer.
- May perform field work related to pilot and/or construction related activities.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of water and wastewater engineering design.
- Basic understanding of HEC-HMS and/or HEC-RAS software preferred.
- Basic understanding of ESRI GIS mapping software preferred.
- Basic understanding of 2D Platform (e.g., Autodesk, 2D Bentley) preferred and other relevant design software and knowledge of calculations performed by the software.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires flexibility and a "can do" attitude.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- EIT or scheduled to take the exam within one year of degree completion.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience.
- Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Fenton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003JL
Back to top