Water Resources Engineer in Training
Your Opportunity Over 22,000 employees. 3,000 Environmental Services staff. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. At Stantec, we design with communities in mind. The Overland Park, Kansas office designs resilient communities through m anaging environmental resources with a focus on safer development of flood risk areas, and creating and maintaining healthy ecosystems. We use hydrologic and hydraulic engineering, GIS, and mapping services applied to floodplain mapping, flood control infrastructure, storm water infrastructure, wetlands and streams, asset management, and natural resource planning.
Our passion drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the situation. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for, and we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
- Perform Hydrologic and Hydraulic analyses using unsteady state and 2D models.
- Perform watershed feasibility studies and conceptual designs to provide water quality, flood reduction, and ecological benefits in a watershed.
- Perform GIS analyses to support engineering and technical services.
- Provide support to a diverse team of professionals in multiple offices throughout the country.
- Write documents summarizing work performed.
- Conduct assignments/projects with a high degree of initiative and independence.
- Complete tasks on schedule with pride and ownership of your work.
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients to resolve complex problems and issues.
- Attend project meetings involving communication to local government officials.
- Deploy to natural disaster impacted areas if desired.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 4 year Degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited program with at least 2 years work experience preferred; or Graduate Degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited program with some work experience preferred.
- Proficient with hydrologic and hydraulic models especially HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS.
- Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS software including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst.
- Detailed oriented and a work ethic to achieve high quality results.
- EIT Preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience using in water and environmental projects.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top