Water Resources Engineer
- Chattanooga, TN
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
An opportunity exists within Stantec's Water Sector for an experienced Water Resources Engineer. The position will be based out of Chattanooga, TN (but may require travel to other regional Stantec offices from time to time).
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Perform Hydrologic and Hydraulic analyses using unsteady state and 2D models
- Perform watershed feasibility studies and conceptual designs to provide water quality, flood reduction, and ecological benefits in a watershed
- Perform GIS analyses to support engineering and technical services
- Perform condition assessment for existing water infrastructure and develop rehabilitation recommendations and capital solutions
- Provide support to a diverse team of professionals in multiple offices throughout the country
- Write technical documents summarizing work performed
- Conduct assignments/projects with a high degree of initiative and independence
- Complete tasks on schedule with pride and ownership of your work
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients to resolve complex problems and issues
- Attend project meetings involving communication to local government officials
- Deploy to natural disaster impacted areas if desired
- Mentor and oversee the work of a team of young engineers
- Manage project budgets and schedules
- Contribute to project proposals and scoping
- Provide analysis of options for, and participate in the design of, wastewater treatment processes
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Five plus (5 ) years experience in the analysis/design of water resources projects, including: hydrologic/hydraulic modeling (SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Specialty software application knowledge with ArcView/GIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Project, InfoWorks, or equivalent software is preferred
- Experience with FEMA floodplain guidelines and standards and flood map update processes is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- OSHA, CPR, and First Aid training a plus, but not mandatory
- Must have valid driver's license
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering. Master's degree Preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time.
Field work, while limited, may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Chattanooga
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001OP
Back to top