Water Resources Engineer
- Pittsburgh, PA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
A Water Resources Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include plan preparation, report documentation, permit preparation, drainage design calculations, stormwater management design and erosion and sediment pollution control design for roadway and oil/natural gas projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant water resources fundamentals to design drainage conveyance systems, stormwater management features, and erosion and sediment (E&S) pollution control features, for transportation (PennDOT and PA Turnpike Commission) and Oil/Natural Gas projects.
- Perform design calculations with minimal supervision.
- Assist in preparation of stormwater management plans, E&S pollution control plans, culvert analysis, pipe and inlet design, channel design and NPDES/ESCGP permit document preparation.
- Attends and assists in client/contractor/stakeholder meetings to gain a better understanding of client's goals, depending on experience.
- Assist with technical report preparation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation. Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
- Proficient in MicroStation, as well as relevant software programs which may include InRoads/OpenRoads, Auto Turn, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hyrdographs, HydraCAD, StormCAD, and PondPack.
- Microsoft (MS) Excel and Word skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field and working toward or obtained licensure.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years of water resources design experience.
- PennDOT/PTC experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000E7
Back to top