Water Resources Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity This is a multi-disciplinary, entry- to mid-level position that requires strong knowledge of civil engineering practices and principals along with understanding and appreciation of biological and ecological science. Candidates must have a BA, BS, and/or MS degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline. Applicants for this position must have strong writing and communication skills and should be familiar with relevant software. Your Key Responsibilities Responsibilities of this position include desktop and field studies in support of a broad spectrum of water resource engineering projects with a focus on assessment and design of aquatic habitat restoration, including dam removal. This position provides substantial opportunities for collaboration with biologists and ecologists as part of Stantec's holistic Environment Services program.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Drafting skills, including experience with CAD software;
- Familiarity with field survey equipment and methods;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to creatively apply technical knowledge;
- Ability to perform fieldwork;
- Experience working and/or recreating in and along waterways; and
- Attention to detail, positive attitude, desire to support team success, and ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Firm grasp of mathematics and engineering mechanics;
- Experience with surface water hydrology and hydraulics;
- Basic knowledge of construction;
- Construction observation experience;
- Experience developing of construction contract specifications and cost estimating;
- Experience supporting local, state and federal environmental regulatory coordination; and
- Project management experience.
EIT/EI or PE license
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top