Water Resources Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
This individual will work with a team of engineers, scientists, GIS professionals, and planners to assist with the development of studies and designs associated with ecological restoration and stormwater management projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting with the design of various channel improvements from bank stabilization to full stream restoration;
- Developing construction plans, specifications and estimates;
- Assisting with the design of best management practices for stormwater management and erosion & sediment control design;
- Developing design reports;
- Performing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to support ecological restoration projects;
- Conducting watershed evaluations and water quality monitoring in support of storm water management and ecosystem restoration design;
- Communicating and collaborating with the project team, project managers, clients, and local communities;
- Collecting field data (e.g. GPS data collection);
- Supporting construction projects by reviewing submittals, answering RFI's, and conducting field visits to ensure compliance with the contract drawings and specifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Familiarity with fluid mechanics, hydrology, and hydraulic processes;
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email, and in person to internal and external clients;
- Passion for water resources, stormwater management and ecological restoration; and
- Experience with CAD design software (AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation)
- Rosgen Training - Levels 1 through 4, or similar stream restoration implementation training
- PE (Professional Engineer) certification;
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic models, including HEC-RAS;
- Proficient with ESRI software, including ArcGIS;
- Experience in business development and preparing schedule, scope, and fee for proposals; and
- Experience related to storm water management, Low Impact Development (LID) or ecosystem restoration design and watershed assessments.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering or a related degree;
6-8 years' environmental engineering or science experience including specialized experience with stream assessments, stream restoration design, and stormwater management
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Other Locations: United States-Maryland-Germantown, United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900007S
Back to top