Water Resources Discipline Lead - ( 2000024Z )
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O U
Stantec is seeking an individual who has the capacity to collaboratively develop a hydrologic risk and decision-making practice, and can lead teams of engineers, scientists, and planners to develop and execute studies and applications to support large-scale water resources projects and systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve in a technical leadership role for water resources engineering, including risk management, systems operations and management, and development of engineering applications and decision-making processes.
- Lead development of technology innovation solutions and applications to support water resources management and design.
- Provide technical leadership, project coordination, and technical execution of assigned large projects.
- Perform technical reviews of others' work associated with complex design projects and planning studies to ensure standard of care, compliance with industry guidelines and practices, accuracy, and completeness.
- Coordinate with technical and sector teams in dispersed geographic locations.
- Support and provide leadership in risk and uncertainty engineering including implementation of risk-informed decision-making processes and serving as a subject matter expert in hydrology and hydraulics.
- Coordinate with other Stantec Water Resources team leads to establish best practices, talent management, assembly of project teams, and implementation of quality management plans.
- Manage personal and team time to meet project budget and schedule objectives.
- Provide industry and thought leadership through professional organizations and outreach including holding key technical positions, publishing technical papers, delivering technical presentations, and elevating Stantec's brand in the Water Resource Sector.
- Provide internal and external training associated with hydrologic risk and decision-making.
- Communicate and collaborate with project teams, project managers, clients, and local communities
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Minimum Capabilities and Credentials:
- Experience with hydrologic and meteorological processes and expertise in modeling these processes.
- Experience in frequency analysis, timeseries analysis, and uncertainty analyses.
- Ability to develop and/or use large, complex hydrometeorological data, and create data visualization tools and products.
- Possesses excellent time management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment, scheduling, and budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email, technical writing, and in-person.
- Passion for water resources engineering and management.
- PE (Professional Engineer) certification.
- Expertise in development, execution, and application of stochastic rainfall-runoff modeling.
- Experience in forecasting and planning studies associated with systems operations and management.
- Understanding of risk and uncertainty engineering methods and practices.
- Proficient with geospatial hydrometeorological data, analyses, and visualization.
- Experience in optimization techniques including linear programming and heuristic methods.
- Interest and experience in business development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering or a related degree (postgraduate degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering preferred).
- 10-20 years of water resources experience including hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and planning and design of flood risk reduction projects.
Position will primarily work in an office setting. Travel required to other Stantec office locations, the field and/or meetings with clients.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Colorado-Denver
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1755 Water-US South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 25, 2021, 8:39:00 AM
Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Colorado:
- Hiring Salary Range: 122,300 - 152,800 - Colorado locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
- Benefit Clause: Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).
Req ID: 2000024Z
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans