Water Hydraulic Modeler
Your Opportunity: As a part of our continued growth, the Stantec GTA Wet Weather Flow Management Team is seeking a Storm Drainage/Wastewater Hydraulic Modeller to support the delivery of a wide range of urban drainage and collection system projects. It will involve technical input into surface drainage/collection system/flood remediation projects, including data collection, field investigations, data management, geospatial analysis, hydraulic modelling, performance assessment, master planning, risk management, functional design, reporting and liaison with clients, other offices and staff. The successful individual will be looking to learn and develop technically in the field of urban water resources, will be self-motivated, stay abreast of advances in the industry, and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
Your Duties: The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in a wide variety of urban water resources projects, from planning and conceptual design through detailed design and implementation.
- Develop surface drainage and sewer collection system hydrologic/hydraulic models to assess performance, investigate deficiencies and generate/evaluate remedial solutions.
- Develop 1D and 2D hydraulic models to investigate flood risk and flooding mechanisms.
- Plan, commission, manage, undertake field investigations in support of hydraulic model builds and conceptual/functional designs.
- Identify, develop and evaluate hydraulic solutions ensuring feasibility of construction.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members across the Stantec community.
- Clear communication of results/recommendations via technical reporting and presentations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Minimum Requirements
- Water Resources Engineering or equivalent accredited university degree with major in Water Resources.
- Registered with PEO in good standing, or eligible to apply for EIT/P.Eng. preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates with other qualification and experience in water resources.
- Computer literate with direct experience with InfoWorks CS/ICM, PCSWMM, and ArcGIS or a willingness to independently learn, along with proficiency in common desktop packages (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate (written/oral) technical concepts/results to a broad range of individuals including project managers, clients, and community stakeholders.
- Experience with municipal drainage system design.
- Exposure to rainfall and sewer flow monitoring programs and data analytical procedures.
- Use and application of databases and big-data management including statistical analyses.
- Advanced programming capability.
- Pumping station, CSO and other sewer performance assessments.
- Low Impact Development (LID) and Green Infrastructure knowledge.
- Collection system rehabilitation techniques.
- Interested in authoring technical papers at regional and/or national forums.
- Valid Driver's license.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top