Water Conveyance Leader
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the water industry at large.
Stantec is seeking a motivated and proven leader to lead our rapidly expanding Texas water conveyance market. Stantec is a global leader in water with Texas as one of the fastest growing markets in the world. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our Texas leadership team to support and our rapidly expanding Texas water market and related business lines. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to elevate their career to the next level of leadership and technical excellence. As part of our global conveyance sector the successful candidate will be instrumental in implementing effective conveyance solutions across a broad spectrum of exiting projects to benefit the communities that we serve.
This opportunity offers a collegial environment with a global team of conveyance professionals. This position offers notable flexibility in allowing home and office work arrangements along with the ability to focus on exiting conveyance projects within the water sector including water/sanitary/storm pipelines, tunneling, pumping stations, hydraulic structures and tanks, as well as intakes and outfalls. This position also provides opportunities for working in collaboration with other business centers at Stantec that work on a wide variety of water related projects. Stantec empowers its employees for success and encourages innovation, provides unlimited challenge, and recognizes and rewards success
Your Key Responsibilities
- Strategize, mobilize, and lead the local conveyance community
- Grow and lead the Stantec team for conveyance work in Texas
- Client coordination and effective relationship building with clients
- Project management and design management of conveyance projects
- Working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously involving both internal and external coordination
- Leading a team of design staff from various locations across the company
- Preparation of proposals, budgets, and marketing materials
- Anticipated balance of about 50% business development and 50% engineering design
- Willingness to present papers and presentations at various conveyance industry venues
- Familiarity with alternative project delivery methods
- Mentoring and coaching of less experienced staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understand client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, and producing high quality deliverables.
- Efficient project management/technical leadership of assigned tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
- Technical expert in many relevant areas of design and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of design and construction codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of the project.
- Check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Leads, participates and collaborates in project team setting and engages in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
Master's degree or equivalent is preferred
Licensed Professional Engineer.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in planning, designing, and constructing water conveyance projects
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Other Locations: United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Texas-Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001AZ
Back to top