Water and Wastewater Treatment Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Regional Delivery Leaders and engage as needed in executing and delivering projects within the region and across North America. The scope of this execution work will vary by project, but the focus will be on process engineering through all phases of project delivery (pre-design through detailed design, construction services and start-up and commissioning).
- Engage in active mentoring of peers and younger professionals who desire guidance on career development objectives. This mentoring can take any number of forms, including guidance on preparation and delivery of presentations, papers, workshops, etc., client-facing protocols, and continuing education and training.
- Take responsibility for performing engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and preparing detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Function as a technical specialist or project manager on mid-size projects as needed.
- Engage in active membership in state, regional and national professional associations. This engagement entails the delivery of papers, presentations, workshops and webinars at conferences and symposia, participation in technical training workshops and seminars, and involvement in committee leadership as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Technical experience to include three or more of the following:
- Technical leadership on water projects
- Conventional surface water treatment processes including flocculation and sedimentation, media filtration, and disinfection - Groundwater treatment processes
- Wastewater treatment primary, secondary, and biosolids processes - Wastewater treatment plant and/or wastewater collection system master planning
- Wastewater process modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
- Residuals handling processes
- Advanced water treatment processes including low and high pressure membrane filtration, high rate settling, ballasted flocculation, sorption, taste and odor control, disinfection, and oxidation
- Industrial water treatment
- Water treatment plant and/or water system master planning
- Water chemistry and process modeling for applications such as water stabilization, corrosion control, and disinfection byproducts formation
- Chemical storage and feed and pumping systems
- Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4-8 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering.
- MS in related fields preferred
- Valid Nevada Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required or ability to obtain licensure in other Desert-Mountain states within 1 year of employment, as directed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top