Water and Wastewater Team Lead
- Cincinnati, OH
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec is seeking a motivated and proven leader to mentor, manage, and grow our Cincinnati water and wastewater team with a focus on the Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky municipal markets. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our Great Lakes leadership team to support our water market and related business lines. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to elevate their career to the next level of leadership and technical excellence. As part of our global water sector, the successful candidate will be instrumental in both securing new opportunities and implementing effective solutions across a broad spectrum of existing projects to benefit the communities that we serve.
This position also provides opportunities for working in collaboration with other business centers at Stantec that work on a wide variety of water related projects. Stantec empowers its employees and encourages innovation, provides unlimited opportunities to challenge yourself, and recognizes and rewards success.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Strategize, mobilize, lead, and grow the local water and wastewater team
- Client coordination and effective relationship building
- Project and design management
- Working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously involving both internal and external coordination
- Preparation of proposals, budgets, and marketing materials
- Anticipated balance of work to be 40% business development and 60% project work
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the southwestern Ohio and northern Kentucky municipal markets
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts are desirable
- Understanding client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, and producing high quality deliverables.
- Efficient project management/technical leadership of assigned tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
- Technical expertise in relevant areas of design and understanding of various design and construction methods is preferred
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of design and construction codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of the project to meet project budget and schedule.
- Review the work of others for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to leads, participate and collaborate in a project team setting while engaging in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Effective communication and strong presentation and interview skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field. Master's degree or equivalent is preferred. Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Ohio and Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the ability to obtain within 6 months. Minimum of 10 years of experience in the planning, design, and construction of municipal water and wastewater projects.
This description is not a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of theemployee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned ormay be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around
us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002YO
Back to top