Wastewater Treatment/Civil Engineer
- Boise, ID
At Stantec, we
approach every water and natural resource project that we undertake-whether at the
local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with
excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design
fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs
throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields
and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision
for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with
top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the
industry at large.
This role provides technical support to Client Service Managers within the respective region of coverage for specific Business Development activities associated with proposal development and interview preparation and delivery, with the primary intent of winning specific project work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Technical Support for Regional Business Development Activities. This technical support includes, but may not be limited to: Face-to-face client interactions, site visits, technical training for client staff, workshop presentations on treatment technology, planning, regulatory frameworks, etc.
- Technical Support for Project Execution & Delivery - The candidate will provide technical support to Regional Delivery Leaders and engage as needed in executing and delivering projects within the region.
- The scope of this execution work will vary by project, but the focus will be on process engineering, promotion of best practices and standards for process design and major process mechanical systems, and QA/QC for design criteria.
- Mentoring of Professional Staff. The candidate will engage in active mentorship of peers and young professionals who desire guidance on career development objectives.
- The candidate will engage in active membership in state, regional and national professional associations including, Water Environment Federation, International Water Association, American Water Works Association, Water Reuse Association, and others as appropriate including local affiliates.
- Technical leadership on wastewater projects including but not limited to Wastewater treatment primary, secondary, and biosolids processes, Wastewater treatment plant and/or wastewater collection system master planning and Wastewater process modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Technical experience should include as much of the following as possible:
- Technical leadership on wastewater projects
- Understanding of Water/wastewater conveyance standards and practices
- Biological nutrient removal
- Enhanced biological nutrient removal
- Primary, secondary and tertiary treatment
- Sidestream treatment
- Wastewater Reuse
- Biological Modeling
- Wastewater Process mechanical
- Solids handling
- General water treatment processes
- Strong interpersonal abilities for leading and/or working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- BS or MS degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering.
- MS in related fields preferred.
- Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Process Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Idaho-Boise
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900033L
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top