Wastewater Process Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is actively seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Wastewater Process Engineer to support the leadership of our growing wastewater practice in the Northern California Region. This consulting engineering role will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal wastewater systems including process, treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate will need to be affable, self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wastewater industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally, while collaborating with national practice groups.
• Leads and manages all sizes of wastewater projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for municipal wastewater clients.
• Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
• Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
• Support local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients. Participate in the development of proposals and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
• Interact with clients, local and remote MWH staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Desire to contribute quickly to the development of new business and the delivery of high quality work products.
• Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
• Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
• Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
• Coordinate with Group Leader and technical staff on issues related to pursuit selection, project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree, in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering, or related field.
• Proven specialist expertise; with minimum of 5 years of experience, including client engagement, technical expertise, and mentoring responsibilities. Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
o Project Management of Wastewater Projects
o Wastewater Treatment Processes
o Wastewater Treatment Plant and/or Wastewater system master planning
o Wastewater Pump Station Planning and Design
o Wastewater Process Modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
o Engineering feasibility analyses and design
o Preparation of construction documents for wastewater infrastructure
• Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules
• Demonstrated expertise and industry/client recognition for municipal wastewater projects.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
• Valid California P.E. license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Cover letter explaining your desire to work in the municipal wastewater industry and why you would be successful at MWH.
• Resume including chronological work experience and relevant academic history.
• A minimum of 3 references, with at least two being professional references.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top