Wastewater Design Lead
- Salt Lake City, UT
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Do you want to be an integral part of a Water team that are developing creative solutions for our clients, helping expand our critical infrastructure in Salt Lake City?
Stantec's Water Business Line is seeking a Wastewater Design Lead, to be based in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. This position provides an opportunity for an individual who is passionate about designing solutions for community water challenges. Using your technical leadership, you will take on responsibility for designing solutions from traditional water and wastewater treatment to advanced technologies for water reuse applications.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design and construction services of treatment processes and site layouts for greenfield construction as well as the rehabilitation of existing treatment processes and pumping stations
- Interdisciplinary design coordination including working with remote teams across multiple geographies around the globe
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare complex detailed design drawings, reports and specifications.
- Technical review of design packages including development of project standard design details and technical specifications.
- Serve as the Engineer of Record
- Provide technical support to the Client Service Manager in support of business development and project delivery schemes
- Create and Leverage relationships across Stantec, to communicate and deliver innovative solutions to clients' needs
- Actively mentor peers and developing professionals on career development objectives
- Engage in professional associations (delivering papers, presentations, workshops & seminars) including the American Society of Civil Engineers, Water Environment Federation and local affiliates within the Utah region
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency for Technical Leadership and Interdisciplinary design coordination
- Fulfilled multiple roles on design projects, such as process engineer, project engineer, project technical lead and/or design coordinator
- Deep understanding of industry standards and manuals, as well as client and regulatory agency standards and requirements
- Expertise in design of disinfection systems, advanced oxidation systems, headwork facilities, odor control, filtration systems, solids handling design sludge pumping stations, anaerobic digestion and co-digestion systems
- Proficiency in design software including detailed 3D design modelling
- Established reputation as a technical leader through publication of technical papers and presentation at conferences
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (e.g. environmental, civil, mechanical) or equivalent is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with valid Utah Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain one Utah License within 3 months
- 10 years' experience with a Min of 5 in a consulting environment on wastewater design projects
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs. Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002D7
Back to top