Wastewater Design Engineer
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable. Your Opportunity As an Wastewater Design Engineer your role is to work with general supervision and direction on average sized projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a senior engineer/designer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineering principles to select the best plan involving the collaboration with multiple stakeholders and expertise within the company. You will assist in verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices. Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate engineering input and a technical overview to design activities residing within or outside the project team
- Prepare environmental permitting and reporting, conduct and or lead field work and manage existing and or new projects.
- Contribute to cost estimates in small to large sized projects in collaboration with all other disciplines
- Ensure that the deliverables provided to the project are technically accurate, within specifications, scope, budget and schedule, suitable for the intended purpose and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans
- Create material requisitions and, if necessary, review quotations for compliance with technical specifications
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface and accurate exchange of technical data;
- Collaborate and coordinate with project team to determine and achieve project objectives
- Participate in regular project meetings
- Conduct peer and quality reviews on all applicable projects.
- Experience in wastewater pump stations design and construction (range 0.2 to 1.0 MGD) with ability to create design specifications.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation controls and electrical system associated with wastewater pump stations.
- Experience with Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's Sewage Facilities Planning.
- Experience with sewer pipelines design and construction and ability to review sewer projects for compliance with standard and constructability.
- Knowledge of small pressure sewer systems and components.
- Knowledge of NASSCO Pipeline Assessment and Certification Program.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Successful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external staff and prospective clients.
- Successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
- Successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top