Wastewater Civil Project Manager - ( 200001YR )
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O U.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Water Sector for a highly motivated Civil or Environmental Engineering Project Manager with water and wastewater conveyance and treatment design, as well as construction experience. This position will be based out of our Naples, FL location.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will use their management and technical abilities to complete the process mechanical detailed design of water and wastewater projects and manage a team of design professionals and technicians to deliver projects involving the design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, and water supply and transmission systems.
- Manage a team of design professionals and technicians
- Management of a water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Interact with clients and management regarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Apply and share experience/knowledge of treatment, wastewater collection, and water system conveyance facility design
- Lead and manage preparation of construction documents including design drawings, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Research and understand issues related to wastewater and water resources that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Provide oversight, coordination, and problem solving in managing design teams providing Engineering Services During Construction for multiple projects under construction.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project execution of multiple concurrent projects. Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to work cohesively with a diverse range of personalities.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior staff to support their career development.
- Can develop construction cost estimates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or Primavera project and able to develop design and construction schedules.
- Understands client expectations, project budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, Adobe/Bluebeam and AutoCAD.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Proficient in relevant 2D required, both 3D platform preferred (Autodesk and Bentley) design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, InfoWORKS, PondKing, StormCAD, WaterCAD, Biowin, GPS-X, Visual MINTEQ and HADES, in accordance with expertise.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution. Master of Science in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
Licensed Professional Engineer registered in Florida (or the ability to obtain a Florida Professional Engineer's license within 6 months of hire).
Minimum of 12 years of experience or the combination of education and experience. Design and construction experience in South or Southwest Florida preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Naples
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1773 Water-US Gulf
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 15, 2021, 8:00:53 PM
Req ID: 200001YR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans