Waste Water Treatment Process Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity: This role provides technical support to Client Service Managers within the respective region of coverage for specific Business Development activities associated with proposal development and interview preparation and delivery, with the primary intent of winning specific project work. This support can take the form of writing technical approaches for proposals, developing slide decks for the technical aspects of competitive interviews and developing work-breakdown structures for project delivery schemes.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Technical Support for Regional Business Development Activities. This technical support includes, but may not be limited to: Face-to-face client interactions, site visits, technical training for client staff, workshop presentations on treatment technology, planning, regulatory frameworks, etc.
- Technical Support for Project Execution & Delivery - The candidate will provide technical support to Regional Delivery Leaders and engage as needed in executing and delivering projects within the region.
- The scope of this execution work will vary by project, but the focus will be on process engineering, promotion of best practices and standards for process design and major process mechanical systems, and QA/QC for design criteria.
- Mentoring of Professional Staff. The candidate will engage in active mentorship of peers and young professionals who desire guidance on career development objectives.
- This mentoring can take any number of forms, including guidance on preparation and delivery of presentations, papers, workshops, etc., client-facing protocols, and continuing education and training. Corporate Branding
- The candidate will engage in active membership in state, regional and national professional associations including, Water Environment Federation, International Water Association, American Water Works Association, Water Reuse Association, and others as appropriate including local affiliates.
- This engagement entails the delivery of papers, presentations, workshops and webinars at conferences and symposia, participation in technical training workshops and seminars, and involvement in committee leadership as appropriate.
- Technical leadership on wastewater projects including but not limited to Wastewater treatment primary, secondary, and biosolids processes, Wastewater treatment plant and/or wastewater collection system master planning and Wastewater process modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills
- Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering.
- MS in related fields preferred.
- Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top