US Safety Director
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company specializing in water/wastewater treatment/conveyance is seeking an experienced Safety Director to support US based operations. This role will develop and sustain a culture of safety at the national, regional and project levels that reflects in every aspect the MWHC corporate commitment to providing a work environment that prioritizes the health and safety of all involved at the highest possible standard. This position will ideally be located at our company headquarters in Broomfield, CO but alternative/remote assignment, with heavy project travel, may be considered.
• Ensure a safe and healthy environment on all project sites and office facilities.
• Lead the development and execution of company wide Safety Plan; identify strategic and tactical priorities.
• Establish safety goals; conduct audits, analyze and track results.
• Identify opportunities and implement measures to improve any deficiencies.
• Remain current on laws impacting compliance with industry requirements and client jurisdiction regulations. Disseminate such information to project based subordinates.
• Identify appropriate safety education training/courses for staff.
• Support safety related staffing needs through recruitment of external resources as well as succession planning of existing internal staff.
• Develop and nurture relationships with industry stakeholders including partners, competitors and clients; represent and promote MWH Constructors' brand and accomplishments.
• Manage safety budget, help negotiate related subcontract agreements.
• 4-year occupational safety/health degree or engineering/science degree
• Certification as a CHST or CSP required
• At least 15 years of construction field safety experience required
• Thorough understanding of construction methods and federal, state, health and safety standards
• Thorough knowledge of consensus standards such as but not limited to NIOSH, ANSI, ASTM and NFPA standards. Working knowledge of workers' compensation system
• Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement practical and feasible corrective measures
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, and other computer applications
• Equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top