- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Stantec Dubai has an opening for a Junior Urban Designer to support on ongoing projects. Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
• Produce Master Plan Level Diagrams and high quality graphics fitting report deliverables format and requirements
• Conduct research and analysis associated to the project
• Prepare drawing and report templates and graphic color shemes
• Assist in preparation of site analysis by describing applicable patterns of land use, density, ownership, urban fabric, transit networks, open space networks, community amenities, etc.
• Identify existing facilities and infrastructure on site, and characterize relevant environmental data.
• Assist in benchmarking by identifying and describing comparable projects and/or design aspects.
• Assist in idea generation of the framework master plan and develop the finer urban grain for components of the plan with guidance from the project or senior design lead
• Develop 3D Massing model studies
• Develop and conduct optioneering exercises using 3D and /or 3D graphics
• Assist Senior or Design Leads in production of master plan framework schemes for a range of project types and scales by preparing sketches, drawings, illustrations, 3D models, and rendered plans and perspectives.
With support of the senior urban designer implement authority requirements and regulations
• Prepare presentations and reports including written narratives, calculations, and selection of relevant imagery.
• Set up report and project templates with guidance from the Senior or Project Lead
• Set up Master Plan Base Drawings in illustrator, AutoCAD, GIS based on the project process workflow
• Degree in Architecture is preferred; post graduate qualification in Urban Design or Planning is a plus.
• One to Three (1-3) years of professional experience in urban design and planning
• Relevant experience in the GCC such as internships desired
• Estidama certified desired or in the process of qualifying
• Software skills required:
• Adobe Illustrator
• 3D Modelling (Sketchup, Rhino or similar is required)
• Adobe InDesign
• Microsoft Office (With emphasis on Excel desired)
• Skills in Revit are desired but not essential.
• Project portfolio demonstrating exploration and interest at the urban block or city scale as well as a passion or for the contemporary issues of planning, urban design and urban sustainability.
• Excellent graphic and written communication skills.
• Proactive work ethic and ability to work independently.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to maintain a high energy level and a positive attitude in challenging situations.
• Desire for continued learning and career growth.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Back to top