Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
As an Urban Designer within Stantec's Urban Places, you will have the opportunity to work on projects such as downtown revitalization, resiliency plans, transportation corridors, streetscapes, and transit-oriented developments in New England and across North America. Our highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team specializes in urban design; integration of architecture, street design, public space design, market analysis, and sustainability with urban design; bicycle, and pedestrian-oriented planning. We connect the people, places, and resources that take a project from concept to reality.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of urban development, architecture and design elements.
- Assists the project team with drawings, drafting and preparation of plans.
- Prepares and coordinates technical activities on assigned projects.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of design.
- Developing ability to hand-draw and computer-generate graphics.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Developing organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Experience with relevant drafting/design software, such as AutoCAD, GIS, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Education and Experience
Master's degree or equivalent in Architecture, Planning, Urban Design or related field. Minimum of 1 year of experience. If you are interested in applying to this position, please include a cover letter and a portfolio of urban design projects along with your resume.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required (10%), delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Urban Planner
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002JR
Back to top