Transportation/Traffic Engineer in Training
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Join Stantec's Transportation Engineering team in Denver, CO.
Your Duties: This opportunity is for an individual with 3 to 7 years of professional experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning. The position will involve conducting traffic engineering, planning, and design projects; business development; and project management and coordination with counterparts in other Stantec office. The individual must have interest and project experience in most of the following areas: traffic signal timing, traffic operations, transit system planning, traffic impact analysis, advanced traffic modeling including using Synchro/SimTraffic and VISSIM, bicycle & pedestrian analysis, statistical analysis, travel demand modeling, signing, striping, traffic signal design, and corridor and area-wide planning.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering, Masters preferred.
- EIT in the State of Colorado
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado preferred, but not required or the ability to acquire Colorado PE license within one year of hiring.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Syncro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, Tru-Traffic and CAD (AutoCAD and Microstation) software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top