We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Transportation group in Edmonton Stantec's office is seeking a Junior Transportation Engineer.
Your Opportunity This opportunity is for a junior position in our Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering group. The position may involve the following:
- Conducting and assisting with traffic analysis using various software platforms (Synchro, SIDRA, VISSIM, etc.)
- Other technical assignments including data analysis, functional planning studies, and multimodal transportation planning
- Writing and editing technical reports and engineering studies
- Assisting with data collection (field work and limited travel may be required)
- Preparing drawings using AutoCAD or Microstation software
- Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the project needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility with respect to work load and type of work assigned, willing to learn new skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple project managers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Drive to grow as a professional
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Completion of a four (4) year college level academic program in Civil Engineering with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer
- 1-5 years' work experience (including co-op placements) in the field of traffic engineering
- Experience with traffic analysis software
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top