Transportation Sector Leader
Your Opportunity: With over 22,000 staff, Stantec is an international firm with local presence in over 400 offices. Stantec has a robust service offering to the transportation market, including a wide range of engineering, environmental, right-of-way acquisition, planning, survey and geotechnical services. Our passion drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way.
Stantec is seeking a senior business leader to serve as a Transportation Sector Leader for environmental services (ES) in the Midwest region of the United States. Our ideal candidate will have pre-existing relationships and a proven track record of winning work with Federal, State, and private sector clients in the Transportation market in the Midwest region. The successful candidate will embody Stantec's philosophy that "we are better together" and will demonstrate a keen ability to organize information, communicate clearly, manage expectations, and provide a framework for driving top line growth. This individual will establish the strategic direction for Stantec's Transportation ES program in collaboration with other members within engineering and the environmental services team.
Your Duties: Business Development
- Sustain & grow regional and national clients & key accounts in United States, with a focus on environmental services
- Within the Midwest Region, identify and win large transportation infrastructure projects, programs and opportunities while leveraging Stantec relationships for ES with existing Federal, State, and private sector clients
- Drive top line opportunities for the entire range of Stantec services and champion an integrated services approach
- Partner with appropriate Stantec leadership teams; assist Regional Leaders in developing the budget, completing annual reviews and providing bonus recommendations
- Build, grow and develop a team of high performers; recruit & retain specialist staff within the practice
- Develop in-house Sector expertise, best practices, and research & development initiatives
- Actively participate in regional and national industry groups to advance the Stantec brand within the Transportation Sector
- Be responsible for the Transportation Sector Marketing & Business Development Plan (M&BD), with inputs from other members of the environmental services team
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Assist in the growth of ES by establishing new service areas
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Innovate and enhance ES's Transportation capabilities, geographic foot print and integrated approach
- Direct all marketing and business development activities within the Transportation Sector for ES in the Midwest Region
- Work closely with account managers, regional leaders in all business lines, and technical service leadership to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Collaborate with and mentor account managers in growing existing and new national accounts
- Support the development of multi-disciplinary project execution teams, including engineering, right-of-way acquisition, survey, and geotechnical practitioners.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
This leader will be a high integrity executive with a commitment to delivering on promises. They will be a clear thinker with a strategic mindset who possesses in-depth experience providing environmental services in the Transportation Sector.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a key contributor to a national leadership team, including the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in environmental science, biology, geology, or other scientific or engineering discipline is required. We prefer that candidates also have a graduate degree in a technical, business or marketing field.
- 10 years of experience in the Transportation sector, including expertise in consulting.
- Ability to create innovative and effective client solutions that are aligned with both sector and global business objectives
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members
- Proven teambuilding and influencing skills
- Known to be proactive in his/her ability to be a market leader
- Known for sustaining long-term client relationships
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time as required
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top