Transportation Project Manager
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are actively seeking a Project Manager based out of our Transportation Infrastructure Group in Hamilton. This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including the Ministry of Transportation Ontario and several Ontario Southwest municipalities.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an Intermediate/Senior Transportation Engineer and Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of provincial and municipal transportation design projects for clients across Ontario. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing roadway design staff, and managing multi-discipline project teams
- Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing
- Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients
- Collaborating with Transportation Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements
- Supporting the Stantec Quality Management System, and promoting Stantec's Environmental Health & Safety program
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides, such as the TAC Geometric Design Guide, local client design guides, and the MTO Geometric Design Guide for Ontario Highways
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads
Education and Experience
Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and have more than 10 years of related and applied work experience.
For this position, we will also consider a strong Transportation Project Engineer who is ready for the "next level". As a new Project Manager, Stantec will support your growth and development within the Project Management Stream through mentoring with other Senior Project Managers and exposure to progressively more complex projects.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 19000262
Back to top