Transportation Project Manager
Your Opportunity Whether it involves design or construction oversight Stantec partners with our clients to build our Community's Infrastructure while developing our people into strong respected professionals within our construction industry. Our Transportation group is growing throughout Florida and provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties This position includes planning, organizing, and supervising the work of other transportation professionals; leading roadway plans preparation and development efforts as the Engineer of Record; preparing geometric analysis & calculations in support of designs and establishing design criteria, methods, practices and procedures; and reviewing plans for conformance of applicable state, regional & local agency standards.
In addition to the technical and professional qualifications, this position requires an individual with strong emphasis on business development skills and relationship management both internally and externally.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Florida (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive engineering and project management experience (minimum of four years of post-licensure experience) in transportation projects
- Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience
- Experience with County, City and/or State transportation projects
- Ability to work in Microstation Corridor Model and/or other 3D Engineering Modeling Software is a plus.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6
- Experience in the preparation of presentations utilizing PowerPoint
- Experience developing, negotiating, and managing scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Business development and marketing skills experience required.
- Ability to lead , motivate, mentor and develop a team of technical and professional staff.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top