Transportation Project Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected!
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Transportation Project Engineer to join our growing Transportation and Infrastructure team in Tampa! Our backlog currently involves projects with FDOT Districts 1, 5 and 7, City of Tampa, Polk County and Collier County. You will have a chance to get involved in all aspects of the design process from business development, proposals, project engineering and post design services.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design complex and specialized roadway
- Design engineering projects including the design of limited access tolled and non-tolled facilities as well as arterial roadway projects
- Plan and organize your work plan
- Prepare roadway plan and supporting details
- Prepare geometric analysis and calculations in support of designs and establish design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures
- Review plans for conformance with standards
- Assist the Project Manager with overall project delivery
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in Microstation SS4 and Geopak is required.
- Willingness to work in Microstation Corridor Model is a plus.
- Design experience in traffic control plans with the FDOT Advance MOT certification a plus.
- Familiar with FDOT manuals, such as the Florida Design Manual (Plans Preparation Manual), Standard Plans (Design Standards), and Pavement Design Manuals.
- Ability to prepare intersection design and roadway design plan packages.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree. Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Florida or available for reciprocity.
- Minimum of six (6) years of engineering experience in designing roadway projects and transportation
- Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: MIG-34648
Back to top