Transportation Project Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Civil Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. The Civil Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project.
A Professional Engineer will provide immediate supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.
A Professional Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include designing and planning structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, tunnels, power plants and other projects. They will analyze proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness and may construct models to identify project specifications and meet related needs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare roadway construction plans
- Prepare reports as required by project scope with supporting exhibits and calculations.
- Compile calculations, determining horizontal alignments and vertical profiles
- Utilize software to prepare 3D models
- Perform other various tasks involved in preliminary engineering and creation of final design plans for highway projects.
- May be responsible for the signing and sealing of own projects or the work of others under your direct supervision.
- Manages the design and construction of projects and provides input.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in relevant design software, Microstation/Geopak including 3D Corridor Modeling platforms
- Roadway geometric design and/or roadway drainage experience
- Knowledge of work with FDOT, cities and counties is preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer (Florida licensure preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months). Minimum of 4-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tallahassee
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002U8
Back to top