Transportation Project Engineer
- Baton Rouge, LA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Baton Rouge, LA office is looking for an experienced Transportation Project Engineer to join our Roadway Team! The Project Engineer will focus on management of roadway design projects related to transportation infrastructure. You will join a full services Stantec delivery team that is successfully delivering quality plans for LADOT, municipalities and developers. You will also work alongside our other Senior Transportation Engineers in a collaborative and professional environment to help grow and mentor our younger professionals and deliver projects with the high quality our clients have come to expect. The successful candidate will lead and/or participate on a project team or teams in the development and delivery of designs for transportation projects. These projects will be designed according to established engineering standards and state or federal policies. The position will involve working on multiple projects of moderate scope with complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare roadway/drainage designs and construction plans and specifications
- Prepare reports as required by project scope with supporting exhibits and calculations.
- Compile calculations, determining horizontal alignments and vertical profiles
- Utilize software to prepare 3D models
- Perform other various tasks involved in preliminary engineering and creation of final design plans for highway projects.
- May be responsible for the signing and sealing of own projects or the work of others under your direct supervision.
- Manage the design, plan production and construction of projects.
- Involvement in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinate with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Quality review of projects or portions of projects relevant to your discipline, applying and documenting QA/QC procedures
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possess excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in relevant design software such as Microstation and InRoads and/or other 3D Corridor Modeling platforms. Willingness to learn and apply new software, such as OpenRoads.
- Roadway geometric design and/or roadway drainage experience
- Construction cost estimating
- Knowledge of work with LADOTD preferred
- Certificates of completion of Work Zone Training (Traffic Control Technician and Traffic Control Supervisor) and NEPA Transportation Decision Making (NHI Course 142005) preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Louisiana (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum of 6 (six) years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 190002ID
Back to top