We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Imagine being part of a dynamic team that designs innovative solutions for our diverse set of clients. Our Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services. As a transportation planner, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of planning and design projects as a team member under the guidance and supervision of a more senior planner or engineer. The ideal candidate will be a multi-tasker and a problem solver who takes initiative with demonstrated knowledge in engineering and planning projects. We're looking for a professional with a basic understanding of regulatory requirements, good overall communication skills including technical writing skills, and demonstrated experience with data analysis and modeling (MS Excel / Access, GIS, modeling software, etc.).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of environmental and transportation planning
- Assists with the preparation of proposals and technical reports
- Assists with tasks from other departments, particularly related to roadway design or structures
- Assists in coordinating with clients, regulatory/resource agencies, and local governments
- Performs research, obtains traffic and GIS data, makes calculations and conducts environmental and transportation analyses
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and coordination of technical activities on assigned projects
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of planning and highway design/analysis
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Good technical writing skills and oral communication
- Developing organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule
- Developing knowledge of State and municipal legal requirements, and design/planning procedures in relevant jurisdictions
- Basic experience using GIS
- Basic understanding of traffic analysis software and travel demand modeling
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Planning, Engineering, Environmental or related field. Prefer Master's Degree in Civil Engineering along with EIT Certification. Minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Transportation Planner
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001KM
Back to top