- Minneapolis, MN
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Imagine being part of a dynamic team that designs innovative solutions for our diverse set of clients. Our Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services. As a transportation planner, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of planning and design projects as an integral team member. Provide immediate supervision and guidance to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness, and maintaining schedules. The ideal candidate has the ability to lead the planning and design of projects, manage within project scope and deliverables, provide compliant and technically sound designs, manage, coach and mentor resources effectively, manage the stakeholder and engagement process, and effectively represent Stantec at client meetings and public events.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintains and strengthens client relationships and plays a key role in client management
- Guides the NEPA planning process (if applicable) and oversees all aspects of a project including planning, scheduling, and budgeting
- Prepares NEPA documentation and technical reports (if applicable)
- Conducts environmental and transportation planning analyses
- May lead in the preparation of proposals and other marketing endeavors
- Obtains traffic data, prepares technical reports, performs calculations, and conducts various transportation studies
- Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of other professionals who assists in specific assignments
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start a new project
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Reviews own work for accuracy and coordinates with others to ensure quality assurance and quality control for all final products
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Effective in assembling and leading teams on complex projects
- Effective in building and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
- Experience managing multiple transportation projects
- Ability to motivate the team to achieve goals
- Knowledge of NEPA requirements and related environmental regulations
- Strong knowledge of the Department of Transportation's legal requirements, and design/planning procedures in relevant jurisdictions
- Excellent technical writing skills; capable of creating reports, letters and specifications as well as expert meeting facilitation and conference speaker
- Knowledge and experience using GIS is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Experience with 3-D Modeling and graphic presentation preferred
- Ability to be active in the marketplace, bringing in new work
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Planning, Engineering, Environmental or related field. Prefer PE and/or AICP Certification. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Transportation Planner
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000012V
Back to top