- Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
In the role of Transportation Modeller you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality strategic/travel demand models. You will be required to work both independently and collaboratively within project teams and will be responsible to Project Managers, Project Technical Leaders and the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) for the production of high quality work while meeting specified project program deadlines and budgets.
• Responsible for delivering high quality transportation models while ensuring that project outcomes in terms of schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the Client's and Stanetc's expectations.
• Be proactive in the transfer of knowledge by providing on-the-job technical training to staff with the service line.
• Provide specialist input to expressions of interest and proposals.
• Be proactive and bringing value to the team by developing automation tools to develop repetitive tasks.
• Assist the Discipline Lead (Transportation) to implement Stantec Pune' Business Strategy.
• Drive the culture and direction of the workgroup through performance management, business improvement, performance measurement and reporting.
• Embed the core values and operating culture in day to day to business
Human Relations Management:
• Support and supervise staff, contractors and consultants to ensure the timely, effective and efficient performance of all activities.
• Support the Discipline Lead (Transportation) in identifying capability gaps and developing strategies to close gaps.
• Policy & Procedures - Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with MWH's Policy & Procedures.
• Revenue & Project Profitability - Achievement of project revenue and profitability targets for modelling projects.
• Client Satisfaction - Assist the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in promoting MWH Transportation as a top tier industry professional and trusted partner.
• Knowledge Transfer - Actively participate on the continued transfer of relevant technical skills to team members.
• Strategy, Business Planning, Technical Excellence - Support the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in the implementation of strategic and operational plans for service line.
• Staff Development & Team Harmony - Lead, develop and retain a highly skilled and motivated team of professionals.
• Sector Growth - Assist the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in delivering the strategic objectives for the workgroup.
• A Master's degree in Transportation.
• Between 5 and 10-years' relevant transportation modelling experience.
• Must have a good understanding on international transportation modelling guidelines such as WebTAG and DMRB.
• Excellent English language comprehension with demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Experience in the use and application of transport modelling software specifically Cube and, SATURN. EMME experience will be considered as added advantage.
• Strong programming background within one or more of VB, Python, and R.
• Extensive demonstrated experience across a variety of transport modelling studies including multi-modal transport modelling, strategic and local area network modelling and economics modelling, urban freight and logistics modelling.
• Advanced analytical and investigative / research skills demonstrated through the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, MapInfo or ArcGIS.
• Understanding of basic transportation modelling principles (four-stage modelling process).
• Experience in applying adaptive and innovative solutions to transport planning and modelling problems.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top