Transportation Lead, Highway
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Highway Engineering Leader is a highly-motivated person who will be responsible to provide leadership on highway engineering projects from the Houston office. They will be responsible for working closely with Stantec's leadership on the pursuit, planning and development of transportation infrastructure including major arterials, complex limited access highways, and tolled facilities. They will be responsible for preparing designs and ensuring the development and delivery of various highway and roadway traffic projects in Houston and throughout Texas.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Actively identifies project pursuit opportunities, manages client relationships, develops new clients, and leads or assists in the preparation of proposals to win those pursuits.
• Preforms as project manager, and/or technical specialist on traffic engineering projects, responsible for invoicing, managing, and monitoring financial performance of project budgets.
• Prepares, reviews and seals schematic and PS&E documents for various highway and roadway projects.
• Supervises the work of other engineers and monitors the quality of design and technical services delivered by the teams
• Monitors resource needs and coordinates with other offices to ensure effective utilization.
• Works with the Transportation leadership to identify staff hires and other growth opportunities to build a dynamic group capable of winning and successfully delivering transportation traffic engineering projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in project management, planning, design and contract administration
- Experience in project pursuits including building and maintaining client relationships, developing teaming strategies and developing proposals
- Highly effective in assembling and leading a design team on multiple assignments
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others.
- Proficiency in Microstation and Geopak and ability to use conventional design software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- TxDOT Precertification preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) minimum
PE license in Texas or ability to obtain in 6 months
Minimum of 15 years of highway transportation planning and/or design experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top