Transportation Engineering Intern - Summer 2020
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As an Intern, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to transportation projects which may include highway and railroad bridges and infrastructure, traffic planning and analysis, and/or airport infrastructure and development. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken civil engineering, structural or transportation related courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist engineers in the preparation of contract documents and reports for a variety of civil and structural engineering projects
- Responsibilities include computer aided design and drafting, checking drawings and calculations, quantity take-offs, simple structural calculations, and field inspection
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in AutoCAD, MicroStation, structural design software, word processing, Excel, and other standard office software is an asset.
Education and Experience
In progress toward earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil or structural engineering or related field
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002TU
Back to top