Transportation Engineering Intern
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career. This is a paid internship during Spring 2020.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Candidate will assist engineering and administrative staff with such tasks as calculations, preparing spreadsheets and graphs, site inspections and observations, performing AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3d tasks, and researching materials and manufacturer equipment.
- Will also assist with report preparation and routine office tasks such as photocopying and collating drawings.
- May possibly include some fieldwork assisting with data gathering for various projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and 3d visualization software a plus
- Previous internship or co-op experience in similar type work a plus
Education and Experience
- Must be a college student working towards a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Computer skills required: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, ArcGIS a plus.
- Must have good organizational skills, be reliable, detail oriented, and capable of taking initiative
- Good communication skills required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002YV
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top