Transportation Engineer Intern
- Denver, CO
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are seeking an intern to support our Denver Transportation business on a project specific basis. This role will support our local staff with bridge inspection and design actives such as; collecting and organizing data, preparing simple calculations, preparing charts and graphs, preparing databases and spreadsheets, note taking, field investigations, coordinating production of reports, and support of inspection and design documents.
The Intern will report to a Project Manager in the Denver Transportation business for day-to-day activities and career development and Project and Task Manager(s) when supporting project work.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Intern must have good attention to detail. They need to possess a willingness to assist full time staff with various tasks. The core competencies for this position include:
- Assist in report preparation and assessments.
- Assist in data integration with reliance on spreadsheets and databases.
- Assist with field work for on-site bridge and tunnel inspection.
- Utilize applicable technical knowledge to add value to projects.
- Strengthen technical knowledge through on-the-job, informal, and formal training.
- Become familiar with and ensure appropriate reference material is utilized.
- Become familiar with the applicable codes and legislation.
- Compliance with Stantec's HSSE program.
- Assist Project managers and engineers in daily project tasks as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within the team.
- Must be willing and able to take initiative when needed.
- Good communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications, and presentations.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- Flexibility to learn new skills.
- Good MS Office skills including Word and Excel; PowerPoint a plus.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D a plus.
- Ability to travel is a plus locally within Colorado for short durations.
Education and Experience
Currently enrolled in college/university in an engineering discipline.
Minimum 3.0 GPA. This GPA must be maintained throughout the internship.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200000CO
Back to top