We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Lexington, KY office is looking for a Transportation Engineer to join our team. The Transportation Engineer focuses on the planning and design related to transportation infrastructure including roadways, expressways and transit facilities. The successful candidate would work as a part of a project team in the development of contract plans for transportation projects according to established engineering standards and state or federal policies. This position would involve working on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- May coordinate the work of other engineers and/or technicians who assist in specific assignments.
- Gathers data and information required in the development of transportation facilities.
- Interpret geotechnical information for design and plan purposes.
- Prepares plans, estimates, and specifications to design transportation facilities.
- Perform and check quantity calculations
- Attend project meetings and may present specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- May assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Follows all in-house procedures related to documentation of designs, process flow, filing, etc.
- Assists with client, customer, or official contacts and communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Actively participates in the marketing process by delivering quality work, providing excellent client service and assisting with project pursuits and CRM efforts.
- Assists the project manager in coordination with the client, sub-consultants and staff.
- Keeps current with the engineering profession in theory and practice, especially in area of specialty.
- Keeps current with the current technology used in field (software, means, process, etc).
- Takes active mentoring role; encourages, motivates and develops others for high performance; ensures that mistakes become learning experiences.
- Other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with MicroStation and InRoads
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D a plus
- Ability to work in groups. Flexibility.
- Good communication, multi-tasking, attentiveness to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and interface with multiple project managers.
Education and Experience
Completion of a four (4) year college level academic program in Civil Engineering with a Bachelor of Science degree is mandatory. Five (5) years of experience.
EIT registration required, PE license a plus.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000104
Back to top