We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Transportation Project Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of and collaboration with a Transportation Associate.
A Professional Engineer will provide immediate supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare roadway construction plans
- Compile calculations, determining horizontal alignments and vertical profiles
- Perform other various tasks involved in preliminary engineering and creation of final design plans for highway projects.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Proficient in relevant design software including Microstation/InRoads.
- Knowledge of work with Maine DOT and Maine municipalities is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180001NY
Back to top