Your Opportunity: At Stantec we are driven to achieve and we do what is right. Our Transportation group provides our clients with comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of roadway and airport projects. Please join our team and help us keep communities connected!
Our Anchorage office is seeking a dynamic individual who wants to make their community a better place. Good customer service skills, strong initiative and accountability are a must.
- Serve as a technical specialist and consultant to the transportation engineering discipline on transportation-related projects.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of reports and the development of project design elements including plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Identify and analyze the principal design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project's purpose and the client's needs.
- Produce detailed, high-quality final design plans, specifications, and estimates in accordance with applicable procedures and standards.
- Peer review plans and provide quality control reviews of technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Mentor junior staff in technical design elements and the development of project documents.
- Recent experience developing highway projects for the State of Alaska and local governments is required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Alaska Professional Engineering License is desired
- 5+ years of experience in field of civil engineering
- Proficient in design of roadway/civil engineering projects including alignments, profiles, typical sections, site grading and drainage.
- Alaska State DOT experience is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- MS Office program experience, especially Word and Excel.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top