We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, bike, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Check out our brand new office location coming late 2019!! You do not want to miss out on the opportunity to work in this state of the art building!! (copy and paste link in your browser)
Stantec's New England Transportation group has an immediate need for talented, team focused Transportation Engineer - EIT with a minimum of 3 years of experience in specialty areas including roadway/highway design and utility design. The position is located in our Burlington or Quincy, Massachusetts offices. This position is for an individual with 3 years design experience looking to challenge themselves on a variety of transportation projects in the region.
We are looking for Transportation Engineer - EIT who have a positive attitude, are fast learners, and enjoy working in a team environment. The successful candidates will join a growing team of transportation professionals and play a lead role in the highway design component of roadway and bridge projects throughout Massachusetts and New England.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design roadways in accordance with AASHTO and MassDOT specifications and CADD Standards using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Develop design plans and calculations, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies such as design memos, feasibility studies, concept design reports, Design Exception Reports, and Functional Design Reports.
- Perform field work and construction phase services support.
- Interact with and present project designs to clients, agencies, and the public.
- Work alongside experienced practitioners to expand your knowledge.
- Help guide and mentor junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- EIT required.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO and MassDOT design standards.
- Demonstrated expertise with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience working with MassDOT CAD Standards.
- Good communication skills.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized.
Education and Experience
BS degree in Civil Engineering. Minimum of 3 years design experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900023K
Back to top