Transportation Construction Inspector/Observer
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Transportation Construction Inspector/Observer to join our Public Infrastructure team in Austin, Texas (1905 Aldrich). Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees.
The Transportation Construction Inspector/Observer supports the project team in fulfilling the client's goals by performing inspection/observation activities associated with transportation construction process to include all essential reporting and validations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction to monitor conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations. Ensures cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- General understanding of concepts and design elements including but not limited to the construction of transportation systems or parts of systems, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, utilities, retaining walls and traffic control phasing.
- Based on the plan specifications for a project, assists in coordinating the planning and implementation of the project to execute those designs.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities.
- Communicates with Project Manager to provide regular updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Represents the Company and acts as resource and liaison between the Company and clients, architects, engineers, contractors, and government and regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and evaluates plans and specifications to ensure designs are practical for construction.
- Reviews change orders and field orders for reasonableness of pricing and constructability.
- Prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Assists in obtaining necessary permits and licenses for timely opening of site.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings, chan ge orders and pay applications (QA/QC).
- 5+ years industry experience.
- TxDOT or similar Department of Transportation experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of local, state and federal building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to spend significant time outdoors supporting construction oversight team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule. Basic understanding of budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 5
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top