Transportation Construction Inspector
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Your role is to work with general direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Construction Inspector. You will monitor, record, and inspect progress on construction projects, performing quality assurance inspections to achieve compliance with contract plans and specification on all phases of construction. You will keep head inspector aware of conditions which could result in contract CO's or delays and assisting in proactively resolving these situations and other duties as necessary.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction, monitoring conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities, ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Prepares daily reports of construction progress.
- Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Inspects installation and placement of asphalt, runs density tests, and calculates quantities and costs.
- Inspects installation of construction feature, measures dimensions, and calculates quantities.
- Examines construction materials, checking to see if they meet specifications.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Tabulates monthly quantities for use in determining contractors' monthly payment estimates.
- Determines estimated cost of construction projects using take-off estimates.
- Assists with office work such as plotting cross-sections and computing earthwork quantities.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, and pictures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Basic skills in math, drafting, and science.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top