Transportation CAD Designer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As a CAD Designer you will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks for large and small projects in a team environment on a variety of Transportation infrastructure projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Take a proactive hands-on role in all types of transportation design projects.
- Development and production of CAD drawings for a variety of engineering disciplines.
- Proactively monitor and incorporate changing CAD standards and styles.
- Ensure that all project requirements are met.
- Production and checking of designs and associated reports prior to submission.
- Liaison with other technical staff and engineers to ensure all work is completed to a high standard with a consistent approach.
- Calculation of quantities and preparation of cost estimates.
- Provide assistance to Project Engineers and Project Managers.
- Comply with Stantec quality management, safety and environmental practices.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Close attention to detail and competence to adhere to standards.
- The ability to integrate innovative CAD practices.
- Extensive experience with a recent release of Autodesk Civil 3D required.
- Advanced practical knowledge creating and modifying complex C3D models with alignments, profiles, subassemblies, corridors, and grading features.
- Strong proficiency using MS Office 365 suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of work experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with Alaska DOT&PF projects preferred, but not required.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000001E
Back to top